Friday, November 28, 2008

Open letter to the media

Dear mass media of my country.

I know you are analytical & highly educated people, and have my best interests at heart. But you are also blind. Allow me to explain.

A band of murderers pops out of nowhere and kills a whole lot of everyday folks (just like me) and then send you a letter (or a video, or an email) telling you who they would like to be known as and who they represent and what they want.

You then, in your great wisdom, read their lies to the whole nation aloud (with flashy lights and exciting music in the background for added effect).

Please stop doing that! It is fucking irritating!

I, and many others like me, can do without their lies. And it irritates to see you repeat their lies for them.

Can't you tell?

I don't care what they are called. I don't care where they are from. I don't care who they think they are doing this for. They killed people - they are murderers.

Stop calling them Islamists or Hindus or activists or outfits. Words like 'criminal' and 'murderer' work just fine.

If they need to kill people to get the governments' attention, then they don't deserve ANY attention. In fact, I would go so far as to say that murderers don't deserve freedom of speech.

I would love for them to be nameless and uncategorised. The whole lot of them undesirables. I would like them to be put away for life, with no one ever seeing them again, or hearing of from them, or hearing of them and their so-called 'cause'.

Update: I received an email in response to this post. Read it here.

blog comments powered by Disqus